Supporting Your Y3 Child at Home
Children will be expected to read, complete a maths task and undertake spelling practice each week. As the year progresses, other homework may also be given. This will be designed to support learning in our themes.
- A spelling sheet for the term (uploaded here) has been sent home. These spellings will then be tested every Tuesday.
- It is the expectation that reading records are updated with at least 3 comments/signatures on a weekly basis.
- We anticipate that Y3 children are supported by an adult as they undertake homework tasks.
- To support our work in class, we ask that you insist on high standards of presentation and the use of a pencil.
- In preparation for Y4 we encourage the use of Times Tables Rock Stars and Hit The Button to support with the learning of times tables.
Thank you for you help with this.